Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pathos:Emotion

The song by Haystack "My First Day" really makes me think of myself.  The target audience is drug addicts.  Everything he talks about in this song is how people feel, sometimes a song like this draws your attention to how hard it is to quit.  It even reaches people that aren't drug addicts but maybe know one.  If you get a chance take a listen.  Truthfully now it makes me cry because most of this is how I really felt and still feel from time to time.  I think I need a little help understanding the whole pathos thing, but isn't it basically how this song is supposed to make me feel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,

    It sounds like you really felt an emotional connection to this song. Have you decided if you would like to analyze ethos or pathos? If you choose to analyze how "My First Day" employs pathos, I will encourage you to analyze how each lyric employs this appeal. You may share your emotional connection to this song in the intro and conclusion; however, to create a strong rhetorical argument, you really need to discuss how the lyrics employs pathos, or emotion.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete