Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Writerly Biobraphy

My name is Heather and I was born and raised in St. Joe.  I'm 26 years old and i have a 5 year old daughter.  The last book I read was Dewy The Library Cat, I read it to my daughter she got the book for her birthday.  Truthfully I never liked to read until recently that is.  I could never find a book that could keep me interested long enough to finish it.  Then last semester my English 100 teacher had us read The Glass Castle and from the time I picked it up I couldn't put it down.  I never realized books could be so good.  I am a fairly good reader as long as it's not out loud.  As a writer I am a horrible speller and I don't have the best grammar.  I try not to let my short comings affect me too much, but their are times when I doubt myself.  None the less I try my best and strive to learn from my mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,

    Welcome to 104. I hope that this semester will be a pleasant experience to accompany 100. I can also say that it will be a different experience.

    Since you have children, you probably read many children's books, which is understandable. I have a parent in my 2 p.m. class who too reads many children's books like you. And unfortunately, or sometimes, they are much more interesting than "adult" texts. I hope that this semester's texts will be interesting too!

    So why did you enjoy "The Glass Castle?"

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete